Stedman is proud to partner with Leading Edge this year to offer before and after-school childcare. Please visit their website for more information! https://www.leadingedgekids.com/stedman/
For more information, please contact: Dana Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org
**CCAP is accepted** (Information on applying for CCAP can be found by scrolling down this page.)
***CO: Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) Voucher Fast Facts***
What is the Colorado Child Care Assistance Program?
The Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) helps families that are homeless, working, searching for work or in school find low-income childcare assistance. Families that are enrolled in the Colorado Works Program can also use CCAP services.
Which sites accept CCAP?
Colorado Springs Charter Academy, Columbine Elementary School, Lotus School for Excellence
Rocky Mountain Prep Creekside, Rocky Mountain Prep Fletcher, SOAR Green Valley Ranch Elementary, Stedman Elementary School, Trevista at Horace Mann
How do I apply for CCAP?
Step 1: Fill out and return the childcare assistance application to the Denver CCAP
- Contact Phone: (720) 944-5437
- Download the supplemental application packet here.
Step 2: To return this information, you may:
- Scan and email application and documents to email@example.com
- Drop the documents in a CCAP Drop Box at:
- Denver Human Services Richard T. Castro Human Services Center located at 1200
- Federal Blvd. Drop Boxes are located near the 1st floor security desk, in the Self-Service
- Center (Room 1026) on the first floor, and on the second floor near the top of the stairs
- Arie P. Taylor Building DHS Office located at 4685 Peoria St. Drop box is located in the lobby
- East DHS Office located at 3815 Steele St. Drop box is located in the lobby
- Mail your application to Denver Human Services Attention CCAP
1200 Federal Blvd. Denver, CO 80204
- Fax the documents to 720-944-3330. Attention: CCAP
How do I know if I am eligible to receive childcare assistance?
You may be eligible to participate in CCAP if you:
- Reside in Colorado
- Are working, seeking employment, or are participating in training/education
- Have at least one child who is under 13 years old
- Have a family income of less than 85% of the State Median Income and less than the county defined maximum
Is citizenship status required?
Children receiving care must be U.S. citizens or aliens lawfully admitted for permanent residence. Verification of citizenship status for the child must be provided in order to determine eligibility. (This may include birth certificates, or any other verification accepted by the Colorado Department of Revenue to verify citizenship status. (Section 3.140.1) If verification is not available at the time of application a family may be given a reasonable amount of time to secure that information before the child becomes ineligible for childcare. The reason for the delay in providing the documentation must be well-documented. The citizenship requirement does not apply to parents.
What kind of documentation do I need to enroll in the Child Care Assistance Program?
You will need documentation to prove eligibility in the above categories and a completed application form.
What do I need to do once my child is in the Child Care Assistance Program?
Email Authorization Notice to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enroll your child in the Leading Edge Program. If your child attends Leading Edge outside of the start and end dates listed on your Authorization, you are responsible for payment in full at the full rate. Your co-pay is not applicable to dates outside the approved dates on your Authorization. Please contact Customer Care at 800-341-5791, or email@example.com for questions or assistance.
- Make sure you check your child in/out of the program daily using the Kiosk on our Site Laptop. If you fail to check in and out, you will be responsible for payment in full and the county may determine that you do not actually need childcare and will terminate your care. Leading Edge employees cannot swipe for parents.
- Tell your CCAP case manager about any changes in your income, employment status, family unit, or enrollment in a training program or school within 3 days of the change. If there are no changes, you must meet with your case manager after 1 year in order to renew your child’s enrollment into the program. Otherwise your child will be terminated from the CCAP Program.
- Pay your co-pay weekly. You may sign up for weekly or monthly autopay. Autopay requires a debit/credit card or checking account number and bank routing number be saved on your Leading Edge Parent Portal account. All co-pays are paid directly to Leading Edge via the Parent Portal or by calling Customer Care at 800-341-5791 to make payments by phone. Failure to make regular payments can result in suspension or removal from the program.