Updates on Inclement Weather Procedures
Updated DPS Weather Delay Schedule
New for the 2019-2020 school year, ALL schools (regardless of start time) will be delayed by 2 hours if a Weather Delay is called by the District. This means that when there is a Weather Delay, the following will apply at Stedman:
- Morning Drop-Off: 10:30am-10:40am
- Instructional Start Time: 10:45am
- Robo Call/Text
- Local news outlets
- Facebook: Facebook.com/DenverPublicSchools and/or Facebook.com/StedmanSchool
- Twitter: @DPSnewsnow and @DPSschoolbus
- District Closure Hotline: 720-423-3200
- DPS Transportation Hotline: 720-423-4600
When there are poor weather conditions in the morning, we will bring students indoors vs. congregating on the playground. We plan to implement the following tomorrow:
- Upon arrival, all students will go directly to the gym (ECE-1st Graders) or the cafeteria (2nd-5th Graders) until the bell rings.
- Students will organize by class.
- All adult supervisors will be stationed in the gym/cafeteria and in the halls to make sure students know where to go and are safe once they arrive.
We will make every effort to get students outside for some fresh air and exercise. If the temperature is at or above 20 degrees, there is no blowing snow and the playground area is safe, we will go outside. With this in mind, please make sure your child is dressed to spend time outside. It’s time to dig out the warm coats, hats and gloves! (If you are in need of warm winter outerwear, please let us know)When the weather decides not to cooperate, we will have recess indoors. During these times we will utilize the auditorium, gym and/or art room.
SPRINGBOARD (before/after childcare programming) WEATHER POLICY:
- In the event of a delayed opening, Springboard will operate on a delay that matches the school. For example, if the school has a 2 hour delay, morning staff will arrive at 9:00 am rather than 7:00 am.
- In the event of an early release due to weather, Springboard afternoon program will be cancelled.
- In the event of a school closure, Springboard will also be closed.
- Families are issued a credit for the day if there is a closure. No credit is issued if there is a delayed start and Springboard is in session. It may take several days for the credit to appear on your account due to the large number of accounts affected during major storms.