Please join us for an Open House at Stedman Elementary School for a tour and information on our programs and offerings!
Saturday, December 17, 11:00 a.m.– 12:00 noon
Childcare will be provided!
Stedman Elementary School is one of Park Hill’s historic neighborhood schools. We are committed to instructional excellence and meeting the needs of the whole child. We celebrate our diverse student body and our deep connections to the community.
Stedman has been thriving over the past several years under the leadership of principal Dr. Melissa Peterson. Each child at Stedman is “known” by our highly skilled and dedicated teaching staff and instruction is tailored to meet students’ individual needs, both academic and social-emotional. This approach is yielding positive results as our rating for academic growth of students is “green” on the DPS School Performance Framework and has outpaced our neighboring schools.
Innovative programs and services available to our students now include:
- Early Childhood Education serving our community’s 3 and 4 year-olds in both English and Spanish.
- Dual Language Spanish Immersion beginning in ECE-4 for students who choose this option. Continuation in the program will lead to the DPS Seal of Bi-literacy on students’ high school diploma.
- Music, art, P.E., and/or Digital Literacy for every student every day.
- A restorative justice approach to discipline that has reduced suspensions and resulted in all students gaining new skills in conflict resolution and social interaction.
- A community garden that helps teach students the importance of sustainability and caring for our earth.
- Before- and after-school childcare provided by the well-respected Scholar’s Unlimited.
Consider choosing Stedman Elementary School for your family. Join our vibrant, integrated community. We are, truly, a community growing together!