Adapted from puravidamoms.com
Spanish Language Book Sellers
- Books del sur – These books are authentic Spanish literature imported from Latin America. The books are all in Spanish – not bilingual. Company owner and bilingual mom Heather Robertson-Devine curates the collection based on her extensive experience as a bilingual elementary school teacher. https://booksdelsur.org/
- Lorito Books – Based in Denver Lorito Books is a woman-owned book company with a great collection of bilingual books and books in Spanish. The collection includes a wide range of types of books, including audiobooks and novels for adolescent readers. https://loritobooks.com/
- Booklandia – Want to outsource your bilingual book curation? Bilingual mom and owner Maceo curates some of the best Spanish language and bilingual books you can find, and sends them to you in a monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly subscription that arrives right to your door. https://booklandiabox.com/
- Sol Book Box – Another awesome subscription book box on the market was started by successful bilingual parents who wanted more resources for their daughter. You can choose a month to month option or a three-month prepay with a discount. https://www.solbookbox.com/
- International Children’s Digital Library – an online library with tons and tons of free books in Spanish for children. Bookmark this one immediately! http://es.childrenslibrary.org/
Spanish Music Resources
- Jose Luis Orozco – any and all of Jose Luis Orozco’s bilingual music and music in Spanish is like the must-listen for bilingual kids. He’s the original bilingual children’s songwriter. Browse his collection on Amazon here.
- Little Baby Bum en español – Classic nursery rhymes from around the world translated in Spanish. And the animations are adorable.
- 123 con Andres – this guy is too much fun! And he tours like mad so there’s a good chance he will come to a US city near you!
- Ozomatli presents OzoKids – They will often tour and do an adult concert at night and a kid’s afternoon show the next day. Their music is so fun- a fusion of cumbia, hip hop, rock and more. Some lyrics contain adult content.
- Pica Pica – this Spanish (from Spain) music channel weaves storytelling, song, and dance into a super fun experience for kids. Spanish is spoken and sung as if you were in Spain.
- Baby Radio – Grab the app and stream programming in Latin American Spanish or Spanish from Spain. Browse the rest of the website too, as there are videos, printables and more.
- Canticos World – songs, books, and an app.
- Spanish Bingo – I love to play bingo with the kids because we practice so many different types of vocabulary- commands, numbers, basic vocabulary, etc. Plus they think it’s so fun!
- Bananagrams – People! There is Bananagrams in Spanish.
- Scrabble In Spanish – super fun for older kids or for an adult Mesa Espanola, right?
- Spot It Spanish – Another game that can be played in virtually any language, this game is like a fast-paced memory game.
- Rory’s Story Cubes – These are dice with pictures on them. Each person can roll the dice and say a part of the story. It can be played in any language.
- PBS Kids Spanish Games
Spanish Language TV Shows
- El Chavo – This popular Mexican show is great for all ages. It’s silly enough for kids of all ages, and has enough double entendre to keep me laughing through every episode. You can watch on YouTube, Univision, or purchase on Amazon.
- The Magic School Bus Rides Again – This Netflix original series has a strong focus on science, and the translations are great. Latin American Spanish.
- Pocoyo – Want to add some Spanish from the Iberian Peninsula into the mix? This program from Spain is fun, and available on both Netflix and Amazon Prime.
- PJ Masks – Available in Spanish on Netflix.
- Little Baby Bum en Español – For the 4 and under set, you’ll find hours of fun nursery rhymes translated to Spanish.
- Sesame Street – Episodes can be found on YouTube or purchased through Amazon.
- PBS Kids in Spanish – many of your favorite PBS shows are now available in Spanish on their Amazon Prime Channel. More information can be found here.
- Salsa: Spanish for Children